Welcome back everyone! In this episode I dive into my take on the Rogers/Shaw merger. Tl dr; the Competition Policy Machine worked exactly how it has been designed. I also share how I see a democratic approach to Competition policy would work for all of us.
Join CAMP February 2, 2023 at 12:00 EST for a more in-depth discussion of the Rogers/Shaw merger. Register here. Or check out a replay here.
Some quick house keeping - I am going to pause new episodes until Spring. Stay subscribed and I'll be back soon.
Links from today's episode:
- Rogers faces doubt over Shaw deal as closing date approaches
- Statement from the Commissioner of Competition on the Federal Court of Appeal's decision regarding the Rogers-Shaw merger
- Rogers, Shaw and Videotron's Cost Submissions
- Commissioner's Cost Submissions
- Globalive takes its offer to buy Freedom Mobile to Shaw
- Consultation on the future of competition policy in Canada